Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Latest Project

Since the cleaning bug hit, I've rearranged my room, turned the Ball jars into candles, sewed valences for my windows and bought tension bars (one of which I've broken already.) After sewing the curtains, I decided I didn't like how it looked with the tension rod so I went back to the drawing board. Last night I stopped at Jo-Ann Fabrics and picked up 6 unfinished wooden birdhouses. I gave them a multi-colored base coat, a thin layer of crackle paint and a top coat of white paint. The colors underneath show through the cracks, but overall the birdhouses are white. I'm going to put one at each top corner of the windows in my room, then drape the valences over them. Here are the birdhouses...I'll post what they look like in my bedroom when I get everything done later tonight:

No comments:

Post a Comment